Monday, April 11, 2011

WHO WOULD YOU INVITE?

The Invitation
Daily Inspiration
By John H. Sklare, Ed.D, LifeScript Personal Coach
Published February 27, 2009

There is a famous old parlor game that asks a very interesting fantasy question: If you could invite any five famous people to your dinner party, who would you invite and why? It’s an interesting mental exercise that forces you to think about what and who you find interesting. I’m going to alter this game a bit and ask you to only invite one person to your dinner party. And for the sake of narrowing down this imaginary interaction, let’s further say that your guest must be a living person.

Remember, you are inviting this person to dinner because you find them fascinating in some way. You may want to begin by picking a top 10 list and then slowly eliminate nine of them to arrive at your final choice. The purpose is to get you thinking about who and what you find interesting. So, if you’re ready to prepare for this fantasy dinner party, it’s time to begin the selection process. Again I ask, if you could only invite one living person in the world for a private dinner-party conversation, who would you invite and why?

Wishing You Great Health,
Dr. John H. Sklare
www.innerdiet.com

MY THOUGHTS

My answer would be largely dependent on why I'm having a dinner party. If I simply want to have fun, then I would invite the most humorous and easy-going person on my list. If I want to have some time for retrospection, then I want someone who's a good listener who's also insightful. I'm just blabbering. The question is very hard to answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment