Monday, April 25, 2011

THE CHOICE IS YOURS

The Choice is Yours
Daily Inspiration
John H. Sklare, Ed.D
Published February 03, 2006

If you want to know how you arrived at your current state of health, just look at where you’ve been. Let me illustrate this point by sharing with you a little demonstration I used to perform for my patients. Whenever I would have a patient ask that great philosophical question, “How did I end up here?” I would take a pen and place it on my desk. I would then slowly slide the pen toward the edge of the desk. When I reached the end of the desk I would pause for a moment, move it beyond the edge of the desk and then release it. The pen would then, naturally, fall to the floor. Because of the laws of gravity and physics, the pen had no choice. It fell to the floor because I did everything necessary for that to happen.

I chose to grab the pen. I chose to put it on the desk. I chose to move it toward the edge of the desk and I also chose to release it. It was a series of choices that I made which eventually led to that pen lying on the floor. The purpose of this little experiment is to demonstrate the cause and effect aspect of the choices you make. The formula for a healthy life is very much the same. In order to be fit and healthy you must make healthy choices. There’s no complicated rocket science here at all. Eat healthy foods in the right proportions and exercise regularly, and you will end up in a totally different health situation than where you are now. This is how you get to where you want to go. So if you find yourself asking the question “How did I get here?” just look at where you’ve been and make today the day you change that pattern. The choice is yours.

Wishing You Great Health!
Dr. John H. Sklare

MY THOUGHTS

I know! I know! I probably wasn't aware that I was making those choices. or I never really gave my choices much thought. There's still time.

No comments:

Post a Comment